Attention all Returning and New Band and Color Guard Members!
I hope everyone has had a great summer and yes, it’s that time again — Band Camp is Here!
Our 2018 Band camp begins Monday, August 13th and will run 6 STRAIGHT DAYS to allow our families to have one more week off.
Please note that this band camp is MANDATORY. We learn the first part of our show and will perform it for the parents, families and alumni on Saturday night, August 18th.
*** All student leaders are to report on Monday, August 13th at 11:30 am for a pre-rehearsal meeting, so bring a lunch ***
Here is the schedule:
Monday, August 13th 1-4:30 pm Visual Block, 4:30-5:30 pm Dinner, 5:30-9 pm Music Block
Tuesday, August 14th Same as above
Wednesday, August 15th Same as above
Thursday, August 16th Same as above
Friday, August 17th Same as above
Saturday, August 18th 1-5:30 pm Rehearsal, 5:30-7 Potluck, 7-8 Parent Meeting
8-8:30 pm Student Performance, 8:30-9 pm Pack-up and Go Home
Students are to bring the following with them each day to camp:
- A great attitude and being excited to be a part of the 2018 ANHS Marching Band, Drum Line and Color Guard!!
- Instrument, extra reeds, valve oil, music and warm-ups, color guard equipment.
- Hat, sunscreen and a JUG WITH WATER—each student must bring water—no exceptions. We will provide extra water, but students are required to bring their own.
- Wear shorts, comfortable T-shirt and TENNIS SHOES WITH SOCKS! No flip-flops or sandals are allowed
- Bring a dinner to eat during our break from 4:30-5:30 pm Monday-Friday.
- Saturday will be our potluck. Parents will receive an e-mail from our Booster President and Board to see what you should bring with you.
- Bring extra snacks just in case you need the additional energy for each day.
- Drill Charts and Dot books—students will be receiving these items on the Wednesday of camp—Special dot books have been ordered and this is their text book for the marching band class.
*** We are aware of the heat and will make sure that everyone is hydrated and taken care of during the course of our camp ***
Students will also be fitted for their uniforms during the course of our camp.
A reminder that Monday, August 20th is our first night rehearsal. Students are to report to the band room at 4:45 pm. Rehearsal is over at 9 pm. We have our first home football game that same week on Friday, August 24th, so we must prepare!